Terms and Conditions
Fees and Pricing
- Published prices for GP consultations are for 30 minute appointments. In the event the consultation exceeds this time, EdgCARE reserves the right to charge an additional fee. This also applies to Home Visits which may therefore also attract a higher fee if the consultation lasts longer than 30 minutes.
- Payment for services is expected at the time of consultation or in advance of the consultation. Payment can be made with cash, cheque, debit or credit card. Non-attendance will be charged at the full rate.
- EdgCARE does not deal directly with insurance companies unless there is specific prior agreement from the Practice Manager at the time of booking an appointment. If this agreement has not been granted, EdgCARE will expect the patient to pay for services at the time of consultation and then ask the patient to seek re-imbursement from their insurance company directly.
- Please be aware that many Private Medical Insurance companies do not cover or offer re-imbursement for GP consultations or medical tests requested by a GP. EdgCARE accepts no liability in the event that an Insurance company fails to reimburse the patient for their care.
- EdgCARE reserves the right to change our Fee Schedule from time to time.
- Consultation and Home Visit prices do not include the cost of Blood Tests or other investigations ordered by the GP. The GP will discuss the cost of these with you before proceeding with any investigations. Payment for any investigations is expected at the time of the Consultation.
- Prescriptions requested outside of a GP Consultation or Home Visit will attract an additional charge.
- Cancellations less than 2 hours before the appointment will be at 50% of the original price.
- Non-attendance at an appointment will result in the full cost of the Consultation being invoiced to the patient.
- Card details are required at the time of booking any Consultation, Home Visit or other service and is required to secure your booking.
- These card details are retained on our secure Medical Records system and can be deleted with your written request. Payment will only be processed after your Consultation or Home Visit (or other service).
- If you prefer to use an alternative card or means of payment please inform the doctor or receptionist.
- Unpaid invoices will be processed at the end of each working day using the card details that you have provided.
Consent to Communication by E-mail
- EdgCARE would like to highlight that email and internet communications are not considered a fully secure method of communicating confidential and sensitive information. This means that, although unlikely, it is possible that a third party may be able to gain unauthorised access and read the content of emails which you have sent to EdgCARE or that EdgCARE has sent to you. Clearly, this would include any files attached to emails.
- Despite this concern, many patients prefer to use email as a primary method of communication and wish to communicate with EdgCARE using email. We will treat this information in the strictest confidence but EdgCARE cannot ultimately guarantee the security of email and worldwide internet systems and therefore you should consider email communications sent to EdgCARE or received from EdgCARE as non-secure.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you consent to EdgCARE communicating with you by email.
Service Times and Third-Party Providers
- In extenuating circumstances EdgCARE may need to close earlier than the published “Opening Hours”. This may be due to excessive service demand or lack of doctor cover due to illness or absence.
- EdgCARE signposts patients to other services when our telephone lines are closed. EdgCARE accepts no responsibility for the actions of these Third Party services and we wish to inform you that these services are not directly affiliated with EdgCARE.
Patients undergoing Covid-19 Tests
EdgCARE does not accept any liability for cancelled travel plans as a result of delayed Covid-19 Swab results. Circumstances beyond the control of our service may lead to a delayed result. These circumstances may include:
- Increased Sample Volume in the Laboratory - This may result in turnaround times increasing significantly.
- Insufficient Sample with a Repeat Swab Needed- Very occasionally swabs are not suitable for laboratory analysis and need to be repeated. This may be due to insufficient sample or other factors in the laboratory.
- By using our PCR swab service patients accept full liability for any cancelled travel or work plans as a result of delayed swab results.